Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday on a Tuesday EOTD: Wet n Wild and MAC Cakeshop mini-review

Even with the extra day to sleep in, it can be a little painful to come off of a holiday.  So, I wanted a treat for breakfast:
Mmm, is it already that time of year? Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte and Pumpkin Scone
It's a chilly 54 degrees out, so I threw on a dark green corduroy hoodie and an ivy eye look:


Fluorescent lighting is horrible, but the alternative is overcast grayness... there's been no good light to be had in days!
Overhead office lights = washed out cheek color and under-eye shadows cast. Plus, I'm wishing I'd gone with a more pigmented lippie...

Rimmel Sun Light Natural Bronzer (so sheer I can practically use it as my all-over finishing powder; I like!), MAC Zoom Lash Mascara sample, Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, Wet n Wild LE Trio in Earth Looks Small From Down Here (olive shade), Buxom Big & Healthy Gloss in Sugar, MAC Shadestick in Cakeshop, Kat Von D Autograph Eyeliner in Proud Peacock, Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact in Romantic Poppy (this blends a dream, btw)
Oh, Cakeshop... how I wanted you for the name, then didn't want you after I saw swatches and heard that you tug on the eyelids during application, then how I again wanted you when I swatched you myself... and now I want to take you back and regret tossing my receipt!  It's not a terrible product, but just in using it this morning I realized the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils seriously do it better (and they are less than $5, versus Shadesticks at $17.50).  Not only that, but the color that swatches lovely on my hand emphasizes darkness around my eyes in spite of the shimmer this shade has, and the green tinge of the color is lost.  I guess you can't love 'em all.

8 comments:

  1. Your eye makeups always look so pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks :) Thank you! I tried the "inverted crease" look here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a make up pro. you seriously impress me! !!!!!

    and yum yum with your breakfast treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all but thank you! I'm really flattered :-D Breakfast was delicious and a little sinful. I didn't know it was a "thing" but a few coworkers and people on my facebook were saying "Is it Pumpkin Spice Latte day already?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this eyeshadow color!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan, I always gravitate towards greens tbh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have that for breakfast tomorrow. Mmmm... pumpkin scone!:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so good... it's the frosting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3