Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beauty Crimes: Day-After-a-Haircut and Boring Office Makeup

 I got a haircut last night, finally, but it's so annoying how it sticks up all over the place until it gets used to its new placement.  I'm not the only person this happens to, right?
I've got on the Stila Garden Bliss Set (including Lip Glaze in Guava)... it's so boring on me.  The shadows are smooth and pigmented, as is the blush, but the shades just sort of disappear on my coloring.  This is the kind of look ladies have to wear to more conservative offices.  I think I'm not really a no-makeup-look kind of girl ;-) I added a brown Rimmel eyeliner, but I still seem so washed out!  This looked so pretty on the Muse - is she fairer than NC25?
I have no foundation on besides E.L.F. Mineral Foundation, which doesn't control shine so I've got a dewy look after only four hours. I'll definitely have to blot by lunch. 
I think it's time to give up on the Revlon Age Defying Spa click-pen concealer.  It worked so well in the dry heat of Las Vegas, I guess I shouldn't be surprised it isn't suited to humid, cool Michigan weather.  Either way, the Garnier Tinted Eye Roller was much more effective at helping me look awake, and longer-lasting. 
In fact, I'm getting pretty sick of click-pen applicators in general!  Stila's lip glazes are quite sticky, and I always wind up with more on the brush than I intended.

Beauty Crimes:
-Click-pen applicators - Little control over the quantity dispensed
-Brush applicators for non-pigmented makeup - Hello, it's sheer/transparent! You don't need the precision a brush offers!
-The day after a haircut
-Unintended dewy look
-Stila Garden Bliss Set for NC25 or deeper complexions

2 comments:

  1. You are stunning and that is all I can say right now!;D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You're too nice, hehe. But thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3