Saturday, September 24, 2011

REVIEW: Blink and you'll miss that I've put on Blinc mascara

I got a sample of tube mascara by Blinc in my September Birchbox, and this is the look it achieves:
no mascara

blinc mascara

blinc mascara

blinc mascara (smudged a little on my lashine when I applied it)

no mascara
I think it's a subtle mascara, more for those who want lash-darkening without having to worry about flaking.  It's pretty good for people who have a tendency to rub their eyes as well, because for testing purposes I rubbed the mascara-ed lashes into my surrounding eye area, and as it claims it did not smudge around my eyes.  I found the sample size a little tricky to apply and you must finish application within a two-minute window before it sets.

This is what it looks like after removal:
To remove, you get it very wet, pinch your lashes, and pull it off gently (so as not to take your lashes off with it!).  It's kind of fun in an icky way ;-)
Overall I think this would be a great mascara for a natural look or light lashes you just want to darken without having to worry about flakies through the day.  Maybe for (slightly glam) camping?
It's not enough of an impact for me so I don't think I'll use it that often, but I can see why a lot of people would like Blinc mascara.

6 comments:

  1. Before I even read what you put I was thinking 'that's a beautiful example of darkening your lashes without building them that much' clearly I'm on your wavelength ha-ha :) lovely looking light mascara perfect for Summer :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice mascara, thanks for the review :)
    xo

      Madison's Assortment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a sample of this in my Birchbox last month and I completely agree with what you wrote about it. It works well and doesn't flake, but it's just not enough oomph for me. I like my lashes full of drama! I used it on a friend of mine when I had to do stage makeup on him for a video he was cast in and it darkened up his lashes nicely without making him look like a girl. Thank goodness for that! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kayla, what a good idea! Especially as a guy wouldn't be used to wearing mascara and might rub at it without thinking about it.

    Hi Sarah, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a fun mascara, thanks for the review! My lashes fall out easily though, so I might have to give this one a miss. Love how natural and pretty it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Penelope, it is fun to take off but please avoid it if your lashes come out easily! Mine do, too, so I'm probably not going to use this again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3