Thursday, September 1, 2011

FOTD: Stila Travel Girls Beach Palettes for Summer 2011: Stunning in Sayulita Palette with Lorac Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss

Today I'm wearing my favorite of this Summer's Stila Travel Girl Palettes!  It's based on a book by Katie Lee.  I don't think the other palettes from this collection are based on anybody... weird.  But I digress!
 I wore it almost exactly like the look described inside the palette, except rather than layering the two lighter colors on my entire lid I put the lighter on the inside and darker on the outside.  I also only lined my upper lashline with the green, instead of my entire eye, to keep it soft.  The crease color doesn't look like it does in the pan at all but makes a pretty, purplish taupe crease on me that I just love.  It's $14 right now but it has got to go on discount at some point if you don't already have it; the blushes are nicely pigmented, too (wearing them below in terrible office lighting).  These pictures were taken after 8 hours of wear over primer.  Not too shabby!



I paired the palette with my Lorac Multiplex Gloss in 3D because it's GORGEOUS. I got it in a set and I would buy another set Lorac puts out if it has this gloss in it! On it's own it's a bit pricey at $22, a little rich for my blood ;-) You have to see it in person, though, for real. Make it a goal. I'm serious.
I reapplied this gloss as needed, of course. Enlarge to see the sparkles, but I swear it's prettier in person.  The sparkles absolutely glow!

Ooh, tiny pink sparkles in a rose-bronze base!

Sooo glossy, a vaguely fruity smell, and less sticky than MAC Lipglass

2 comments:

  1. You look super pretty :) That lip gloss is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, shucks Steph! Thank you <3 I didn't want to post this picture b/c I think I've had this shirt on twice already in blog photos (oops) but a FOTD needs a full-face photo, right? The lipgloss is one of the prettiest I've ever seen and you can't even photograph how pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3