Saturday, September 3, 2011

Goodbye, Summer Brights!

Doesn't Labor Day Weekend often feel like the last true Summer Weekend? We have barbecues, some people go camping... and beauty/fashion addicts nudge aside the Fall colors they've been rocking for the last two weeks of August for their last go at Summer Brights; the Coral lips, the pop of Ocean Blue, the zealously applied Bronzer. At least, in my case!  It will likely also be one of the last weekends I spend exclusively in shorts and sandals.  We've got some warm days ahead yet, but all too soon it will be "Goodbye, Summer!" Sigh...



Sorry about my brows and wet hair! I wasn't planning to post today and was just playing around, but I love these brights so much I decided to blog :-D I think most people wouldn't pair these eyes with these lips, but I just liked it so here it is!

Confession: I threw every mascara I own on my lashes


Tank: Sugar Factory Las Vegas

Blooper Face!

Cupcake Rings: Forever 21
Donut Earrings: Hot Topic

Eyes: UDPP, MAC Paintpot in Painterly, Stila Travel Girl Beach Palette in Wonderful in Waikiki (used on cheeks, as well)
Lips: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in 909D Coral-ine
I looked way too cheesy in all my toothy-smile photos, but I wanted to show that this lipcolor makes teeth appear whiter. And it's $2.99! One of the best drugstore lipsticks, in my opinion.


14 comments:

  1. You look great with red lips! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow you are so good at applying make up! and I know what you mean on the last days of summer! We also had a fairly nice weekend in London (although today the weather went miserable and it was rainy all day!)

    Anyways, have a great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jess :) You really rock them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The PvdH Journal, thank you, I am blushing! I have a lot of room to improve. Our weather went all gray today, sadly. Have you seen the movie 8 Mile? Detroit area looked like that whole movie today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your look and you're beautiful! Yes, goodbye to Summer brights! Now, I have to think of some looks that I can do for Fall! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look super gorgeous. Love the makeup!! Red lips really suit you, and your eyes are so big and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, no way, Penelope! You're too kind but thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Riya, it's tricky because I prefer cuter colors but Fall colors tend to be more vampy. I'll definitely check your blog for some pretty ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OC, you're too kind :) Made my day! Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog!!! You have THE most beautiful, bright smile I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm blushing! I swear it's the lipstick :-D I'm starting to think it's the best $2.99 I ever spent, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Red lips look lovely on you!:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Marie! I love this lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3