Saturday, September 17, 2011

Random Things :)

Shanice of All These Pretty Things passed on some award love my way (Aw, shucks, thanks Shanice!):
 
The Rules


- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you

- Write 7 random things about yourself

- Spread the love to 15 other bloggers
 
1- I got apple cider and donuts from Yates Cider Mill today with my husband... sooo happy!
2- I plan to build a lightbox with his help soon to improve my picture quality (and make up for the sad lack of light most days in Michigan)
3- I used the Incoco Nail Strips today from my September Birchbox. It turns out they're not just plain silver glitter - there's a bit of hologlitter in there that's nice when the sunlight hits them.  They feel almost exactly like the Sally Hansen strips, or perhaps slightly softer/rubberier.  I'll let you guys know if they last as long! They retail for $8.
4- I still read Seventeen and Teen Vogue despite being several years (10!) out of high school.  Well, I got free subcriptions ordering from Forever 21 online, so why not?
5- The new car I bought that is making me too poor to buy much makeup lately is a red Honda Fit.
6- I suffer from eczema but only on my hands and shins. Still, it's awful!
7- I got to go to London in 2005 :-D Hope I can visit again in the future.
I'd like to pass the love on to my favorite bloggers on the right who would like to participate.  If not, it's okay... the chain-mail boogiemen won't get you!


 

13 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your lightbox! How are you going to build it? I've heard a lot about lightboxes, but I never really understood what they are =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of thing... it will make my product photos much better!
    http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make a light box! I'm suffering from the same subpar lighting that you're talking about. I'm hoping it's not too difficult to make a DIY lightbox, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie, your pics seem to continually improve so I have hope mine will too! But it's annoying waiting to luck out in the natural light department. It'll be great if it helps us have more control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very slightly jelous at the thought of apple cider doughnuts! 17 magazine is just addictive and I love the photo of you in London :) you look so elegant!

    Lovely knowing more about you :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah, they are sooo good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hhahahaha I also read Teen Vogue!!! :) and i loooove apple cider!

    (and I also hope you can make it again to London!) I love these posts, they just make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! Your comments make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. London looks like a ton of fun! That is such a cute picture of you there :) I just got back from Italy, which was my first trip to Europe & it was a blast! xox

    I just became your newest follower. I'd love for you to check out my blog & follow back if you'd like! :)

    Also, we are doing a giveaway for a Tiffany & Co. necklace!

    Blessings,

    Kat
    www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat, yours is a cute blog idea! I told my sister I have a beauty blog and she was like... wtf... haha! It would be cool if I could get her in on it. Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award and glad to know more about you.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3