Friday, September 9, 2011

My First Tags!

The breathtakingly gorgeous Penelope from Inspired by Beauty has tagged me!
Honestly, I'm not quite sure what a blogger award is, but I understand a tag :-D
The Top Ten Products Tag will have to come later because I don't have my makeup bag with me.  But I think I can scrounge up 7 Things about me that y'all don't know!
1) I'm the youngest of four siblings.  They all got married within 2009 and I had to stand up in two weddings!
Bridesmaid:
My hair wasn't long, rather it was chin-length and curls were stategically pinned up.
Maid of Honor:
My sister is the prettier one, argh!
2) I was a flight attendant for (now absorbed by Delta) Northwest Airlines for all of 2007. It was a blast and I wish I could do it again! But it's quite difficult to have any kind of life outside of work until you get seniority with the union. I don't have pictures easily available of me in uniform because around that time a flight attendant had famously been fired for posting (sexy?) pictures of herself online in uniform so I didn't want to risk having any online anywhere.
3) I graduated from uni a semester early because my parents were suddenly unable to pay and I hadn't saved any money. That's the way to do it! University is a blast, especially if you love learning like I do, but you pay through the nose for it. If you can manage to graduate early at all, learn on your own time for free and just graduate!
4) I taught English in Fukushima.  My town is very close to the Nuclear Evacuation Zone (between Koriyama and Iwaki).
The view from my apartment balcony in August of 2005. Yep, them's rice fields!
5) I was dumped by my first boyfriend (a redhead) on September 11, 2001.  Obviously, I didn't care that much because I was worried about terrorist attacks. So all in all, I guess that's not a bad time to dump somebody?
6) I got married on September 11, 2010 (to a redhead. Things really do come in threes, as my husband was my third redhead boyfriend!).  Wedding makeup post to come! And yeah, I know it's a weird choice of date, but it just worked out that way.
In our limo!
7) We opted for three short honeymoons instead of one long honeymoon:
The extended stay in Las Vegas after our wedding:
Madame Tussauds Wax Museum at the Venetian
Our quick weekend at Hogwarts:
Confession: I made this picture black and white because I can't stand my makeup!
And another (no makeup, just went swimming) long weekend trip to Oahu, Hawaii:
Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore, because we like "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"
So I guess the only interesting things about me for the last several years are having to do with jobs/weddings.  Sorry I don't have any unusual talents!

I'd like to tag Jess, Jessica, Jessica, Steph, Kayla, Marie, and Tamara!  Well, and anyone else from my fave bloggers in the sidebar.  I really do love and read all of your blogs as much as possible :-D

15 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you! I don't normally do tags/awards but I'll definitely do this one. I love that you did pictures with it. :) You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie :) Yeah, I'm not really sure what awards are but any mention on other blogs is so nice, and appreciated! Penelope had really great pics with hers so I followed her lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister look so much a like, beautiful picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am biased to think my sis is super-pretty, but thanks for comparing me to her! We only just started looking similar as we get older.

    ReplyDelete

  5. oooh. love your blog so much!!
    And I love this post really.)

    Can you answer on my question?

    What is your favorite place on earth and why?
    It s really intresting for me, becaurse I love travaling and photo.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look pretty with no make up.:}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and you look really pretty in your pictures! Tags are such a great way of getting to know one another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog! i like it! please, see and visit mine and my new post with miriamstella outfits, and tell me if you like it!
    have a good week end
    kiss kiss
    Miriamstella
    http://isfashionmypassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I like your shots.
    Great blog, it is so awesome!
    Check out mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Riya! I like tags because I have to rein-in my spending on makeup a little, so I'm happy to have more for content :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Huong Lee ~ What a great adventure your blog shows :)
    Hi Tanyja-Mia ~ Your photographs are so beautiful with your style and locations!
    Hi Mary ~ My favorite place is Osaka, Japan! The people are so interesting and warmest in Japan. The food is amazing! Japan is even more beautiful than Hawaii, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi MiriamStella, wow, you have lots of amazing designer items! So glamorous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it so much. I am definitely a big fan and a follower xoxox
    Tamara
    www.theglamandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Tamara! You're a beautiful person inside and outside :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3