Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick in Coral and My Favorite, photos and swatches

Please note this picture is not true-to-color as the light was totally rubbish.  The lip swatches below are true-to-color.
In spite of being quite let down by Nuance Salma Hayek's tinted moisturizer and powder "foundation," I couldn't resist trying out the lipsticks because the internet is abuzz with their praise. I am happy to report that I can add to that buzz; these lipsticks feel great! They have a YSL-like slip to them, nice pigmentation, a nice extremely subtle vanilla-ish scent (practically no scent), feel emolient, and retail at $9.99 (but of course buy-one-get-one-free this week).  The packaging leaves something to be desired, though.  The plastic safety seals are stuck to the tubes on mine, which often happens to me with these seals.  I felt like the color indicators on the bottom of the tubes were pretty true-to-color.  Mostly, these just feel really nice on my lips so I don't need a balm first, and are completely inoffensive in any way!
I got Coral (describes the color well) and My Favorite (kind of a muted brick-berry color).  These will NOT be going back to the store, they're staying with me!
Coral

My Favorite
Bonus: it might be the warm/neutral tones of these lipsticks, but I think they make my teeth appear whiter... I apologize I didn't take a toothy photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3