Friday, August 26, 2011

Haul: MAC Me Over - My Selections

When I was in Vegas I visited the Forum Shops (connected with Caesars) where there is a MAC Pro Store.  Much to my chagrin, they were slammed that day, every artist's chair full with someone recieving a makeover, so I stood around basically being ignored.  It won't make me love MAC any less, but I think I'd turn around and come back later next time.  The sales guy who rung me up threw a few Zoom Lash samples in my bag and apologized when I checked out.
Also, I'm in the wrong line of work because I knew more about the new collection and was more familiar with the colors in it than the salespeople/artists! Thanks to Temptalia, heh.

I had originally intended to get Stunner blush (a light coral), Curvaceous and Social Light Lipglasses, and Oh Oh Oh lipstick (lustre).  I'd written off Cakeshop Shadestick due to swatches I'd seen, and I hadn't seen any swatches of Plum Fun Lipglass.
Stunner Blush looked like a million other blushes I already own -- pass.  Social Light reminded me of Good Lovin' from the Surf, Baby! collection when I swatched it, but unfortunately they didn't have any in stock to compare. I took my chances and passed.  Curvaceous just seemed like a standard milky mauve to me in person, and I felt like it was so dupe-able when I swatched it.
Cakeshop was sooo pretty when I swatched it I couldn't help myself!  Plum Fun Lipglass looked like nothing else I currently own and makes me excited for the next makeup season.
All the eyeshadows I tried seemed highly dupe-able (I guess a neutrals collection is apt to feel like that). 
Oh Oh Oh still came home with me and I've already worn it for two days!  It looks like a shimmery bronze in the tube but turns into a flattering, subtle plum on the lips that just screams Autumn sophistication to me.
After swatching the MAC Me Over collection, I'm ho-hum about it. But I'm really excited for the vibrant colors and MSFs of the Cindy Sherman collection!
Did you pick up anything from the MAC Me Over collection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3