Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Too Faced Matte Palette Preview Swatches



After all that shimmer overload that was Estee Lauder Pure Color Powder Gelee in Modern Mercury, I'm doing a 180 to bring you my swatches of Too Faced's new Matte Eye Palette.  Matte eye shadows can be a lot easier to wear than shimmers or frosts because they don't settle into fine lines on the eyes (that even 18-year-olds have).  They don't magnify your pores, either :P The review will have to come tomorrow as I've only just cracked it open and swatched it, but here's the swatches because I can't wait!

Left to Right: Tufted Suede, Chinchilla, Coffee Bean, Velveteen Bunny, Pebbles, London Fog, Fresh Linen, Vintage Violet, Midnight
This photo is really true-to-color, though a bit too dim, tbh.  London Fog looks blue-toned in the pan but not at all on my arm. Velveteen Bunny was surprisingly sheer but that's a good thing for such a light, matte color.
Below, a comparison to the two matte shades in Urban Decay's Naked Palette:
Left to Right: TF Chinchilla, UD Naked, TF Tufted Suede, UD Buck, TF Chinchilla


 I am thinking I might like this Too Faced Palette more than the Naked Palette, but only wearing will tell for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3