Thursday, August 11, 2011

High End vs. Low End - 10 Products for a 10-Minute Face

Hi all! Months ago Tiffany at Will Work For Makeup did a "five products in five minutes" post.  Immediately at the time I devised my top five.  Looking back (seeing as the product limit is arbitrary), I thought, "Why not 10 products in 10 minutes?"  After all, while I am a chronic snooze-button abuser, I'm also a makeup lover and I have A LOT.  I love products from the whole spectrum of luxuries and bargains, so here are my picks for a 10 in 10 minutes face, $$ to $$$$$.


10 IN 10 MINUTES - HIGH-END = $251
1) Dior Hydralife Pro-Youth Sorbet Eye Creme $49
2) Origins Vitazing SPF 15 Moisturizer $35
3) Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation in Light $26
4) Benefit Boxed Powder in Dallas $28
5) Fresh Sugar Rose SPF 15 Lip Treatment $23
6) Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil $20
7) Fresh Magic Wands Mini Mascara Duo (Firebird and Supernova) $10
8) Buxom Lips Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Sugar $18
9) Illamasqua Blush in Lover $24
10) Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner $18


10 IN 10 MINUTES - LOW-END = $101
1) Yes to Cucumbers Eye Love Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel $15
2) Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in 01 Ivory $32
3) ELF Mineral Foundation in Light $5
4) Physicians Formula Happy Booster Light Bronzer $14
5) EOS Lemon Drop SPF 15 Lip Balm $4
6) ELF Mineral Booster $5
7) Covergirl Lashblast Volume (orange tube) Mascara $9
8) Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Papaya $8
9) Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso $8
10) Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner $1

Have you tried any of these products? Any you'd swap in or out?

BREAKDOWN:
1) I prefer eye gels to creams as I'm prone to milia. Neither of these have ever given me milia and are soothing and moisturizing to my eye area.  I have oily skin, though, so these might be too weak for those with dry skin.
2) A tinted moisturizer with SPF is great because I can layer
3) A mineral foundation up top and get enough coverage (concentrated with a concealer brush).
4) A bronzer to contour can double as a neutral eyeshadow for day.  Both of these have a satin finish (not a shimmer bomb).
5) An SPF balm is a must to keep lips supple and protected, and I love both of these.
6) I like a finishing powder to blur imperfections and help control shine.
7) Both of these mascaras work amazingly well and are reasonably priced.
8) The Buxom gloss is a MLBB shade, but Revlon Papaya is gorgeous and face-brightening to many skintones.
9) Two of my favorite blushes of all time.
10) Pick a colorful eyeliner for a bit of fun, brown for subdued definition, or black for drama. 24/7 is amazing, but Wet n Wild is pretty great for how inexpensive it is!

I hope this was helpful and interesting :)  I realize they aren't all bargain picks (or the most expensive, for that matter).  I chose based on my favorites, then categorized them based on what was the more expensive or less expensive of those favorites.  If you like this kind of post, please let me know in comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3