Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sleek Haul Part 1: Flamingo and Scandalous Blush, Curacao and Monaco Eye Shadow Palettes

Recently UK makeup brand Sleek offered free shipping to the U.S., and I had to try this brand I've been reading about on my favorite British girls' blogs.  I'm not disappointed at all, to say the least; I wish more North American drugstore eye shadows would pack this much pigment!  The colors are unique for drugstore, varied, and well thought-out in terms of putting together a palette of complimentary colors.  In this post, I have swatches of the Caribbean Collection Curacao Palette and (my fave!) the Mediterranean Collection Monaco Palette, as well as the two blushes I got (Flamingo and Scandalous).
My entire haul:
Clockwise from Top Right: Contour Kit with Dual-ended Brush in Light (thanks to Vivianna!), Sunset Palette, Original Palette, Scandalous Blush (red), Flamingo Blush (watermelon pink), Curacao Palette, Storm Palette, and Monaco Palette
The blushes:
Flamingo heavily swatched, then blended/Scandalous heavily swatched, then blended
It wouldn't swatch well, but on cheeks I like using a fan or duo-fibre brush to lightly apply these blushes as they are very, very pigmented!  Even the red can look flattering and natural this way.  My only complaint about these (as is my only complaint with the eye shadows) is that they are very powdery.  This isn't an uncommon issue with cosmetics and it's no big deal! You just blow/brush away the fallout and all is well.  The pigmentation of this brand is totally sick.

Top row of Curacao Palette, without base:
I was really impressed with the concentraton of color without a base (I forgot to put it on at first), but I did find that the matte colors (Blue Hawaiian, Bloody Mary, and Screwdriver) were very sheer without a base, though not chalky and applied evenly!
Curacao Palette with Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base:
Top Row Shades, Left to Right: Tequila Sunrise, Martini, Blue Hawaiian, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Green Iguana
Bottom Row Shades, Left to Right: Apres Midori, Blue Lagoon, Purple Haze, Green Martini, Singapore Sling, Espresso Martini
Man, I am so jealous of our UK friends who can pop over to the high street at any time to buy up Sleek Palettes!

Monaco Palette with Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base (my favorite palette! My kind of shades):
Top Row: Bamboo (great highlight color!), Aquamarine, Midnight Garden, Sunset (GORGEOUS), Washed Ashore, Magenta Madness
Bottom Row: Summer Breeze, Sand Walker (perfect, creamy lid shade for a natural look), Kiwi Zest (I always gravitate towards lime greens like this!), Lotus Flower (perfect, pigmented lilac!), Humming Bird, Moors Treasure
Obviously, I'm mad about the Monaco Palette; it has natural colors, liner colors, and pops of vibrant colors that work great for my coloring. LOVE!

Girls in the U.S., if you can get free shipping you MUST haul these!  They're only about $10-$16 apiece, which is a total steal for this quality.  I'll swatch the other three Sleek Palettes at a later time but my swatching arm needs a rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3