Wednesday, August 3, 2011

REVIEW: Too Faced Matte Eye Shadow Collection




Too Faced Matte Eye Shadow Collection ($36 exclusively at Sephora) is nine smooth, buttery matte eye shadows with nary a sparkle in sight.   Perfect for office-appropriate looks, casual day looks, and (as I soon realized) a dang sexy smokey eye!  The nine shades run the gamut of what I would consider Autumn colors, though the browns especially could give you a subtle, daytime contoured eye --if you're within the skintone range it calls for-- anytime of year.  These blended a dream and wore for me all day with TFSI and no fading or creasing.  Even though I am a total glam girly-girl, I didn't miss the sparkle AT ALL! Gasp! I didn't even miss my often bright colors.  I definitely prefer this to Urban Decay's Naked Palette because there is no risk of overdoing the shimmer and looking garish.  I felt the looks on the included cards made me look like a 1920's or 30's silent film star.  Sure, I'm going to want to use sparkly, colorful, or shimmer shadows quite often (I'm not a different person), but I was very pleasantly surprised by this all-matte-finish-collection's versatility.  I am now curious whether it's pointless to collect Too Faced's Smokey Eye shadow collection, because (as you can see below) the matte collection makes for a really sultry smokey eye.
You totally need this!
Tufted Suede lashline to browbone, Chinchilla on inner 3/4 of lid, Coffee Bean in crease and outer V

Kinda felt a tad too smokey and sexy for the office... the Robert Palmer Girl dress didn't help, haha! I think in the future I'll save Coffee Bean for date night.

This is after 8 hours of wear.

Never been a smokey eye girl... until now! Totally converted!
Face: Stila Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Medium (really like it! It feels so light and non-greasy and gives decent coverage for a TM), E.L.F. Mineral Foundation in Light, BE Mineral Veil, Benefit Cha Cha Tint, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (also lurve!)
Lips: MAC Creme Cup Lipstick, Lancome Juicy Tubes in Raspberry Ice
Mascara: MAC Zoom Lash (much prefer to the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes)
Necklace: Jewelmint
Dress: Forever 21 Fabulous Finds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3