Monday, August 1, 2011

Bare Escentuals and Milani EOTD

Hello! Sorry for all the EOTD posts. So far, they are the quickest to do since I tend to do my eye makeup every day and it can ease me into reviewing products that are available but not necessarily spankin' new and exciting.


For this look, I used: Bare Escentuals Where it's at: The Royal Treatment Set, King to blend crease and up to brow (it is a peachy duochrome, unfortunately this doesn't really translate on the eyes), Crown on lashline over a black eyeliner (Wet N Wild Glitter Black).  Crown is a really pretty black-teal, but I think in order to really see its deep peacock-teal quality you'd have to use it all over the lid and that's not very SFW, is it?  I hope you can kind of see it flashing teal in these pictures. Mascara is the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes and my usual TFSI and Garnier Tinted Eye Roller.
I used two Milani Baked shadows on my lid and crease.  On the lid is Drench in Gold, and the crease is Intermix.  These are really powdery, though fairly pigmented and easy to blend. I was a bit concerned this look would wind up too discoball-y for the office, but I think the overall effect is more gleamy than glittery and the neutral colors make it all right for work. I used BE's liner brush (taklon bristles, yay!) to put Crown on the lashline, and I think it works a charm dampened.
Would you wear sparkly eye shadows to an office job?



Trying to show the subtle duo-chrome

FYI I love BE Buxom lipglosses but I simply cannot stand the taste of the regular BE line lipglosses.  A really pretty duochrome gold gloss came with The Royal Treatment set, but the flavor and smell make me never wear it.  I think it smells and tastes like mouldy potatoes (and I know that smell because, alas, some Yukon Golds went juicy in my pantry and the smell is just starting to fade after multiple scrubbings with baking soda!). So sad because it's lovely to look at, and the Buxom glosses are pretty delish smelling, if not cloyingly sweet. Definitely stick to the Buxom glosses if you're ordering from BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments <3