Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Please don't TEAL my credit card number...

My hair is looking shaggy and brassy so I've *cleverly* cropped it out of the photos! :-P
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting
So, it finally happened.  After years of shopping online with abandon at innumerable retailers, somebody finally hacked my information and made fraudulent charges on my credit card.
I feel so violated!
It is a small comfort to know I likely will not be held liable, and I know other people that have been victims of this kind of fraud.
To cheer myself up, I've done a colorful EOTD!  It's been a while since I reached for colors this vibrant :-D Works a charm <3



Method: Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my base all over, followed by the champagne shade (rehab, fourth from left) on the inner third of the lid applied with a flat eye shadow brush.  Next I applied the purple-tinged blue (bellbottom, second from right) to the outer 2/3 of just the lid with the flat brush, avoiding the crease to tame the bright blues for daytime.  Using just the side of the flat eye shadow brush, I carefully traced the turquoise (peggy, fourth from right) into the crease and outer v, being careful not to take it up too high (for this look, I'm sort of sneaking blue eyeshadows into my office by hiding them in the crease only to be seen when I close my eyes).  This makes for a harsh line, which I softened by using the slanted blending/crease brush with the champagne color (rehab) around the turquoise and up on the browbone as highlight.  Lastly, I used the pencil brush in the teal color (bukowski, third from right) to line the outer 2/3 of my lower lashline, used a white pencil on the waterline, and applied mascara to top and bottom lashes.





Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black, Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara 1 (decent mascara, but not really worth the $30 price tag, in my opinion), Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Liner in White, Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Angeles, EcoTools flat eyeshadow brush (great for concentrating color, can be used to apply concealer), pencil brush, slanted crease brush

17 comments:

  1. That is so scary, I'm sorry it happened to you. :/ I hope your credit card company can reimburse you for whatever you lost! At any rate, that teal looks gorgeous on you. :) Makeup always helps brighten up a mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie! It sure does :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog you have ! would that look suit for my color of eyes ? grey-blue ?

    have you seen my new post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fashionwise, I think it would suit grey-blue! The lid color is a cool blue and this look has warm/turquoise and neutral/teal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaww no!! There really are some horrible people in this world! Some guy was trying to gamble in america with my mums credit card numbers but the bank blocked it before he could do it. I hope everything works out and the fool gets whats coming

    The blue colours look beautiful on you, I dont wear enough blue xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that sucks! :(
    but I love your eyeshadow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eye look is gorgeous! I can now do the same look since you got me the palette! I'm so loving the palette as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw, I'm sorry to hear that someone used your credit card, that is so horrible! =___=

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Riya :) I bet this would look amazing on brown eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @a story about M, yeah :( but thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. awe those lame-ohs! :-( at least you won't be held liable for it!
    These are gorgeous colors! <3 it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bummer! I'm sorry it happened =/
    At least a cute name for your look came out of it haha.
    And i love the look, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utterly beautiful lady! Love blues :) they never look right on me but on you - gorgeous!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Seana, luckily they erased all the fraudulent charges today! :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sarah, thanks so much :) Blues are so hard to wear :( This is bright but still kind of subtle because you could only really see it when I closed my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3