Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 2011 Favorites


Another month... flew by! I imagine the last month of 2011 will be the same.
Here are the favorites that maintained my cosmetic obsession this November:

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, $7.49 each
I have nothing to say about these that hasn't already been said, but here are a few in my current rotation:


Left to right: Sugar Frosting, Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum, Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait
Great reviews and swatches can be found at Beauties in Bloom, Don't Call Me Jessie, and Beauty Gala.
There is not a thing I do not LOVE about 'em!

Sephora #55 Airbrush for liquid foundation application $34
It can be a pain to wash it after every use, but I'd rather spend the time washing this (best cleanser I've found for this purpose: Beauty Blender Cleanser), than trying to scrub foundation off of my fingers!  The application tends to be sheerer than other methods (beauty blender, fingers), but also very natural and quick!  Thanks for Jessica from Don't Call Me Jessie once again for mentioning this on her blog ages ago (it was on my list until the F&F sale!).

Pond's wipes $5-ish
They're extremely easy to find at any drugstore, which I love.  I'll admit they're not as good at eye makeup as MAC or CVS wipes, but they are rather wet and seem to more thoroughly remove base makeup from my skin.  I must admit, though, that I'm dying to try E.L.F. makeup wipes since I read Yu's recent rave review!

Toss up: Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style Baby/Jingle G ($25 for the .33oz, $45 for the 1oz)
Obviously, the packaging is over-the-top adorable, but I really love how festive ornament Jingle G smells the way I wish fruitcake would smell!  I'm wearing it constantly in the cooler weather.
I had the mini-size of Wicked Style Baby, but I had been wanting one of the soft, felt-haired full-size bottles from the Wicked Style line.  I couldn't justify it until I noticed my husband sniffing me blissfully one afternoon... what a relief I remembered it was Wicked Style Baby that'd I'd spritzed that morning!  After confirming with a fresh spritz of it to the husband's nose, I ordered this during the V.I.B. sale at Sephora.  I heard Harajuku Lovers fragrances are going to be discontinued, so if you are wanting to collect them all you might want to get a jump on it!

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Enhancing Gel CreamLiner Glam Eyes ($10.95 at drugstores, but often on sale)
These are really great gel liners you can get at most U.S. drugstores.  The brush they come with isn't even half bad.  They also make amazing creaseless eyeshadows (as seen here).  The Glam Eyes and regular line alike come in many colors and several of the colors have glitters... I love The Dark Side of Beauty writer Nancy's eye looks with Stila Smudge Pot in Little Black Dress (black with purple glitters), but I can't find it anywhere.  Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips makes a black with purple sparkles, too, but I can't remember which set it's in cuz I hauled them all... but if you're wanting to dupe Nancy's amazing looks, I think these work well for the cost!  Check the packaging to find out which glitter you're getting :)
Pictured: Top = Glam Brown Eyes trio (the gold is a dupe for UD Primer Potion in Greed, and I'm wearing the black with bronze sparkles thickly as liner here), Bottom = Glam Green Eyes trio

Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre ($16)
I'm on my second bottle (for sanitary reasons), but I never want to be without this gorgeous, multi-purpose shimmer fluid.  The dropper packaging is rather stupid, I'll admit.  It also tends to lighten shadows a bit but its sparkle is just too beautiful to let that bother me.  Reasonable price, too, in my humblest.  The quickest, no-brainer/no-skill evening look I do with it is just dab it across my lids and high up on my cheekbones over my day makeup.
Don't have dirty thoughts! The consistency is definitely water-like :-P
MAC Nordstrom Exclusive Holiday 2011 Festive Face Kit (no affiliation, if you're wondering) $59.50
I don't know if this is still available or not, but this is all I took on my Thanksgiving visit to family in St. Louis and I found it to be extremely versatile!  I apologize I don't have photos of the looks I did with it, but I found it was super-easy to just vary the placement of the very blendable shadows included to get completely different, flattering looks.  The colors look amazing with my light eyes, and even better with my reddish (dyed) hair.  The brushes are also pretty decent and I didn't miss any brushes I'd left at home.  My review and swatches can be found here.  If you've got similar coloring to me you will NOT regret picking this set up!

Y'all ready for Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years yet?

21 comments:

  1. Great favorites! I've been loving my creme brûlée lip butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I want to use it, too! But I'm trying not to start using more at the moment since I've already got the six going ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all of these swatches! It is makeup heaven.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic favorites!! lip butters were definitely my favorite and most used products of november lol! Sephora 55 is also one of my favorite brushes ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amanda, I haven't tried the 55 for anything other than foundation... do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I want those darn Lip Butters sooooo badly! I haven't seen them anywhere yet. And that foundation brush is faaaabulous. I've used it with liquid and cream foundations and it works well for both. I like to apply liquid foundation directly to the brush, dab it all over my face, and then blend it out! No mess at all! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, you've got me wanting a few things!

    Love the look of the Revlon Lip Butters, I hope they hit the UK soon.

    The Physician's Formula Glam Brown Eye liners look amazing too - wish we could get those here! How lovely are they?! Great price too.

    Finally, the Lorac Liquid Lustre looks exactly like something Kiko has brought out for summer. If you wanted, I could grab some for you because they're working out at about $7/8 dollars (I think they're £4.90 each - I'd have to check)

    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/eshop/it/product/-/productdetail/gold-drops/KC0130106100100/1897396

    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/eshop/it/product/-/productdetail/silver-drops/KC0130106100200/1897396

    Let me know =) I love shopping so it just gives me an excuse!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, so happy you were able to take your pics for this post! haha (not me yet!) I'm so happy you love the #55 brush, and thank you A MILLION for recommending that cleanser - I'm going to have to try that out. Sometimes I just end up applying with my fingers because the thought of cleaning that brush makes me cringe!! Such a pain. Great to hear there's hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Thank you for the tip, Kayla! Up until now I was pumping the foundation into my hand, no joke. Don't know why it didn't occur to me to pump it directly on the brush... d'oh! Homer Simpson moment :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica, I'm looking forward to your post (let's cross our fingers for a chance at nice, natural light!). Unfortunately it still takes an effort to clean the #55 even with the blender cleanser, but nothing else seems to take foundation out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nazia, those do look quite similar! You want to do a blog swap some time? I can send you some lip butters and Physicians Formula stuff quite easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really interested in Strawberry Shortcake but I wish they weren't so pricey for drugstore balms ):

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gaby, they feel like a balm but really do have the pigmentation of a lipstick. Do they ever do 40% off Revlon where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh all the lippies are just gorgeous! I adore the shades! You always have the most amazing products :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sarah, when they come to the UK check them out! I think you'll like them even if you're not a "makeup person" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was trying so hard to resist the Revlon Lip Butters but I don't think I can do it any longer! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Seana, LOL don't resist! They're awesome & it's nice to see something worth the hype :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry, like a dolt I inadvertantly deleted Nancy's comment but I have the e-mail of it: She said, "I loooooove the colors of the PF liners (the top row ones). I must try them!!
    I swear I am like the only one who hasnt tried the Revlon Lip Butters!"
    @Nancy, please try the PF liners! I'd love to see what you can do with them b/c you are so talented <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, sorry about the late reply - I'm such an airhead sometimes I didn't notice your response!

    I went to Kiko (yet again!) and noticed the Gold Drops were £7.90 not £5.90 as I originally thought.

    Email me if you like: nazia85@gmail.com

    I'm a little broke right now so can't afford anything from the US ((because I wouldn't know where to stop lol!) but I'm more than happy to send some stuff over to you.

    Nazia =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nazia, I am pretty strapped right now, too... I should buy gifts for other people! Thanks for offering :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3