Thursday, November 3, 2011

Much "A Do"

Does anybody else write themselves a little motivational love-note when they get a free gift message with an online order?


Definitely, if you can, DO order from chanel.com.  I've never had an online purchase wrapped up so carefully (especially not in shivers-of-excitement-enducing logoed tissue paper and an I'm-totally-keeping-this gift box.  Well, except perhaps for tokidoki.it).  They put it in the gift box for free and it arrived at my door as undisturbed as if it had been hand-delivered by a gloved, chicly chignonned employee of Karl Lagerfeld himself.  Kate Spade online shipping department, please take notice!

What did I order, you ask?  Well, only the new foundation Perfection Lumiere in Beige 30 (I got colormatched at a Macy's counter, but the staff wasn't particularly friendly so I didn't feel obligated to return for purchase... sorry).  It's $55, which makes it the single most-expensive foundation I've ever purchased, though I have owned a couple of pricey Chanel concealers in the past (which were also amazing).  I had tried both Teint Idole and Teint Miracle from Lancome to try to save a few bucks, but Teint Miracle made my skin a greasy mess after a couple of hours and Teint Idole was just okay... I knew I had to indulge in the Chanel this time!

My First Chanel Foundation *squeeee!*
Nails: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Grape Escape

I will review this foundation fully when I've used it for a while so I can let you know how my highly-reactive skin likes it over time ^.^;; in sample-form it definitely trounced the competition (the two Lancome foundations) as far as finish, colormatch, and coverage are concerned.  Teint Miracle and I just didn't get along at all, but Teint Idole has decent lasting power, so-so coverage, and a reasonably light feel (though I still can feel it on).  Perfection Lumiere feels like absolutely nothing... it's really remarkable!

And last of all, please remember this, my lovely readers:

23 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your review on this foundation.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com
    Giveaway: Win a treatment cream designed for your age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a wonderful idea. I always think about writing myself notes but I never have before. I really can't wait to read your review on this. I've been dying to learn more about it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 chanel, cute post :)

    xx
    alyssa
    http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Chanel! Truly the best makeup I have ever worn and like you say - the most beautifully wrapped! Can't wait to see this foundation it looks perfect!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Confessions of a Psycho Cat, thanks :)
    @Kayla, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it, too!
    @alyssa, thanks <3 chanel, too!
    @Sarah, I already love how it looks but my skin is truly at its worst right now (forehead... hence why it's cut off so often, heh) so I'm crossing my fingers it'll clear up and let me show this lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every girl deserves Chanel. I love the way they wrap their products so carefully. It's like opening a present when delivered!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have very sensitive skin when it comes to foundations and use chanel ones of over a year now :) I love them even though they are not exactly cheap. Let us know how it works for you :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anamarija, and thank you because it's such a relief to know they're less likely to irritate sensitive skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds amazing. I love when things are packaged so nicely! I have never order from Chanel, but I def. tempted to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, that is unicorn puke :D
    Although, she layered it over black acrylic paint, so it looks much darker there. UP is pretty sheer on its own, and it much better for layering. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nancy, her nail art makes me geek out <3 Thanks for sharing her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agreed, Kumiko! I think I'm going to get more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so pretty! I actually never tried Chanel so far and I need to soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have already stocked on the Pro and the Mat as I love them and this one will replace those two. I look forward to your review!!!
    It will arrive here in the UK in January...I'm sceptical. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Riya, I hope my review will help you decide if this one's for you :)
    @Mercedes, I'm so tempted to get those too, now!
    @M, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, the foundation looks so good!! Donn't think it's been released here in the UK yet. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Penelope, no problem! I already know I love it but I wish I had used it's predecessors (Pro Lumiere and Mat Lumiere) to compare.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3