Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 2011 Favorites

Hi guys! I've been planning this post for a couple of weeks but have been fairly absent from the blog world over the holiday and never really got a chance to draft it... so I am literally writing this up as quickly as possible on the last day of 2011.  Thanks so much to everybody who has read and commented on my blog since I started back at the end of July, and even more thanks to all you bloggers who inspired me to blog in the first place! Love you guys! I don't know how much I'll continue to blog in 2012, but I know I'll be reading your blogs because they are my most trusted beauty sources :D I think you guys know who you are but be sure to check out my blog roll on the right to see my faves <3


NYX Crystal Glitter Liners $3.99 at cherryculture.com (no affiliation):
These go on sale periodically at Ulta, too, so keep an eye out!  They have been fabulous especially over the holidays for quickly turning a no-makeup look into a festive one.  I went all Pokemon-collect-'em-all on these but if you only want a couple I recommend Crystal Hip and Crystal Onyx for the most versatility.  I have rebought these a few times this year!

EcoTools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner brush ($3.99-$5.29, depending where you buy it. It's also available in some sets):
This is cheap, vegan, available nearly everywhere, works with cream/gel/powder wet or dry... it is a great all-around brush must-have.  I've been using it tons this month for several diverse reasons.
- precise red lipstick application
- eyebrow filling (to my surprise, I just watched Vivianna's December favorites video and noticed she featured this brush as well! So random!)
- cut crease eye shadow looks (like this one)
- eyeliner application (of course!)

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (I got it for $10.99 from asos.com but it may have been a sale price):
I'm afraid this might break me out but the finish is so gorgeous that I intend to keep using it for any special occasion. My preferred application tool with it is the beauty blender sponge.


L'Occitane en Provence Shea Butter hand cream $10 for 30ml:  After using this a few days I went out and bought the 150ml size and another small tube for my mother-in-law.  I don't love the baby-powder fragrance, but the texture is great - rich but non-greasy and it absorbs so well and makes your hands feel uber-soft.


Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss Sheer Color in Pop: I'm pretty sure this was a freebie I got earlier in the year. I found it rather unexciting at first, but once I threw it in my handbag I realized I reach for it more than my regular lip balm because it adds gloss and polish while being non-sticky and you don't need a mirror to apply.  It has a nice coconut fragrance, too, so if you don't like coconut you won't like it but I happen to love the yummy smell!

Revlon Beyond Natural Lashes: I hadn't ever tried false lashes before 2011, and of all the lashes I've tried this year these are the easiest to apply and look incredibly natural.  I love the clear, flexible band and that they're comfortable to wear.  I've used Flirty and Defining and you can click the links to see them on me.  I've got Defining on in my banner!  These are amazing for any occasion and nobody will even know you're wearing falsies... they'll just think you've got gorgeous long lashes :)


The Fossil Watch my husband got me for Christmas - Geneva AM 4116 $85 Silver (men's):
I was really feeling the boyfriend-watch trend but I didn't want my husband to spend $200+ on something so trendy of the Michael Kors variety.  Fossil is a brand of watches we both like and the prices are reasonable, so I checked out their boyfriend watches but found the faces to be slightly too big for my wrist.  They made the band kind of form a "tent" around my wrist!  I spotted this one with its unisex crystals in the case and loved it the instant I tried it on.  Because it's an actual men's watch instead of being the "trendy" women's watch, it's about $50 cheaper than a "boyfriend watch" made for that purpose.  Sweet deal :D I catch myself staring at it all the time.

I hope you all have had an amazing 2011 and once again thanks so much for reading my ramblings <3  I love you guys and wish you the BEST 2012!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a fan of watches, but I REALLY like that one *steals* lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Brooke! Me, too, I just love this one for some reason <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3