Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Empties

It seems like the haters are out in full-force this month!  Not only did I get a nasty comment, a fashion blogger I love wrote about her insecurities at Caught up in Cake, and Wayne Goss (a makeup artist and youtuber I admire immensely) just put up a video about hateful comments in the youtube/blogging world.

Check them out and support them!  We're all a sort of team of beauty-lovers here (in my eyes) and we're not about to let haters bring us down <3 even if we're sometimes our own hater.

Pictured: the blue tub is all that's left of my full-size tube of Stila Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Medium; the pale pink tub is all that remains of my latest tube of La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo; sample of Chanel Demaquillant Yeux Intense; Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment 1oz.

I managed to finish up several products so far this month! I'm proud of myself because I'm trying to stop buying backups and new stuff when I've got perfectly good products to use.

Macademia Hair Treatment Oil - I loved this. I believe over the years that hair gels, waxes, sprays, mousses, and pomades have contributed to my acne, but since I've used this oil my skin has been pretty great so it obviously doesn't cause acne for me!
This is the $13.50 size and I don't love the bottle, but they've got a $39 size that's a better value and includes a pump (which I already purchased.  I hesitated about this purchase because I just started a full-size bottle of Ojon Damage Reverse Serum (which does the same job), but the packaging is this terribly annoying dropper).  Packaging matters!

CVS makeup remover wipes - love 'em, I have back-ups and would definitely repurchase

Ponds all-day clean makeup remover wipes - love 'em, I don't have more yet but I will certainly repurchase

My second tube of La Roche-Posay Effaclar duo - ADORE it. I am going to stop using it while I try to conceive/am pregnant but they'd better not change a THING with this because I'm going back to it immediately in about a year.  It is my skin savior!

Chanel Demaquillant Yeux Intense Eye Makeup remover sample - great stuff; if I didn't have a good travel-sized bottle of Clinique Take the Day Off and a full-size of Lancome Bi-Facil, I would be buying this Chanel remover.  I probably will buy it in the future.

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Medium (first full-size) - Love it, possibly more than Origins Vitazing. I already have a back-up of this but I'm going to use a new tube of Origins Vitazing to see if I like it better.  So far, the Origins Vitazing feels a little greasier to me so it looks like the (shock!) Stila is winning!

Dermalogica Active Moist - love that it doesn't make me break out, but it doesn't do much of anything, really; not very moisturizing. Still looking for a great SPF-free non-tinted moisturizer for nighttime that doesn't cause acne.

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads  (box of 10) - I really like these but I think my skin reacts to them :( If I leave the tan on too long (more than overnight) I break out. I think I have the same problem I had with Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel pads. They might just be too harsh. They make my skin so nice at first but then my skin rebels and the smooth texture I initially got becomes all rough (yuck). I think I'm going to stick with Kate Somerville Exfolikate or Exfolikate for Acne because my skin has never gone rough using those.  Also, Vivo Per Lei Peel is good. While pregnant I'm going to try using Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel and Elicina cream because they are both pregnancy-approved.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple  12 oz.- Already bought a new, larger 16 oz. bottle. It doesn't 'wow' at first, but over time you realize your skin really loves it.  It is great with the Clarisonic, too.  I don't currently use it at night; I've been using Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil at night (I think it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean so I haven't been using another cleanser afterward, but I do use a wipe first).

Any products you're proud of finishing this month?

8 comments:

  1. I should also try doing this and not buy any new products until I'm done with mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hearing so much about Macadamia products for hair! I'm going to have to look into them!
    I wish I could finish this many products haha, I never finish anything :( I really need to work on that! There's something fulfilling about using something up haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I never, ever use up lipstick, eye shadow... I have hit pan on blush and used up lip balm but not since I started this blog ^.^

      Delete
  3. I actually have a small size of the oil treatment and still haven't used it yet, how sad lol something about the smell is not me, that's probably why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point - I don't care for the smell, either. However, it's really faint and I can't smell it at all once I have it in. I tend to go through a mist of perfume, too, so the nicer scent of the Ojon always gets lost anyway.

      Delete
  4. I have gotten quite a few nasty comments on my blog, but I figure that just means people are talking about me. Either way - positive or negative - I'm in their minds, and that's a good thing. Let the haters hate. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3