Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Empties

People seem to really like posts like this, so I managed to rescue the above empties for a quickie review!
CVS Makeup remover wipes: I go through 1.3 packs of wipes a month. These have been in a favorites post before.  They work as well for me as MAC wipes, but without the sting.  Next up: more of these.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 4 oz.: I realized I quite like this facewash for the morning, and was so psyched they had a super-deluxe 12 oz. 100-point perk of Purity Made Simple during the Sephora F&F.  Next up: The 12 oz. freebie of Purity Made Simple (of course).

The Cool Fix Targeted Gel Lotion: This was in a birchbox and I used it on shaved bits like my calves until it ran out. It does give a cooling feeling and light (though slightly sticky) moisturization.  I think it's nice for summer so I might seek it out next year. Next up: SteamCream

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller: My go-to undereye concealer. I don't need very much coverage so this is adequate for most days. I feel it works almost, though not quite, as well as YSL Touche Eclat. Next up: same thing!

Givenchy Vax'in For Youth 1 oz.: Seems to smooth out skintone and lessens the look of large pores, and lightly moisturizes while smelling nice, but doesn't get rid of wrinkles or dark spots and is crazy-expensive (I got it on sale, of course!).  Next up: A deluxe sample of Lancome Genifique

Lancome Creme Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-foam Cleanser 1 oz.: This was too drying in combination with La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (which I'm still trying out), and is very heavily fragranced.  I can't get past the heavy flower scent so I won't purchase the full-size.  Next up: The Purity Made Simple 12 oz.

Juice Beauty Nutrient Moisturizer .5 oz.: I used this as a night cream because it doesn't have SPF. It's really thick and you have to warm it up to melt it in your hands before applying. I'm not sure but that aspect made me fear it was clogging my pores. It's sticky, too.  Don't like.  Next up: Dermalogica Active Moist

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: Sticky, doesn't do anything but temporarily tighten.  I got it in a Sephora set. I wouldn't have bought it on its own because I tried it years ago and didn't see any results.  Next up: The Genifique sample

TonyMoly iceQueen Multi Play Cream SPF30 PA++: Was Muse Approved, so I ordered it online.  I didn't care for it under makeup (but she has dry skin and I've got oily skin).  I really wound up using it when I was going to be outside without makeup (working out or yard work).  Next up: Origins VitaZing

Yes to Cucumbers Eye Love Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel: cools and moisturizes. I really liked this over the summer but in cooler weather I need something a little more moisturizing.  I don't like most eye creams because they cause milia, but eye gels never have for me.  Next up: Avalon Organics Lavender Revitalizing Eye Gel

Bath & Body Works Paris Amour Body Lotion: Too strong-smelling for my taste, though the fragrance is nice.  Next up: SteamCream

H20+ Sea Results Eye Mender: An eye cream that actually didn't give me milia! I'm planning to buy this again but I'm going to try out the Avalon Organics lavender eye gel first.

Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover 1.7 oz.: I use this in addition to wipes when my eye makeup is being stubborn.  This is really great stuff and I'm hoping to get the Lancome Holiday Blockbuster for the full-size. Next up: hopefully, the full size!

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-usage Dry Oil 50mL: what happened?

With every use of this lovely-scented oil, the lettering moved across the bottle and stuck to my skin.  It was such a disappointment because part of the appeal of this product is the French Pharmacie-look of the bottle.  I haven't heard of this happening to anybody else, though. I bought it from birchbox so I know it's an authentic bottle.  Also, I thought it was a spray when I bought it but there was no spray nozzel on this one. *shrug* Next up: SteamCream.  It's body cream time, anyway!

I'm looking forward to empties and favorites posts from you guys :)  Did you manage to use up any makeup?

8 comments:

  1. Nice! :-) I love love the garnier skin renew concealer.. its my fav! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TheMissTwist, yeah it's great! A workhorse for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bi-Facil; so glad you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use up more face wipes and washes etc than makeup, darn it

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sherry, it's the best I've found!
    @emmabovary, I know! So boring, right? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: Nuxe Prodigious Oil - I've gone through a few bottles and have never seen that happen ! That stuff, however, is pretty much my Holy Grail of everything ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS It IS a spray... is BirchBox scamming you ? !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just assumed the 50mL size doesn't come with the spray nozzel... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3