Thursday, August 2, 2012

I've found my HG Eye Cream - Boscia Enlivening Amino AG Eye Treatment

Look at me, blogging again so soon!  Maybe it's just a good blogging time of year ;)
I wanted to share with you the eye cream I've thoroughly tested for about 6 weeks now... I'm certain it is my HG and I don't want to be without it!
It's the (vegan, of course) Boscia Enlivening Amino AG Eye Treatment, $38.  It's not the cheapest cream on the block, but it's also far from the most expensive eye cream I've ever used.  Last summer I quite liked the cooling feeling of Dior Hydralife Sorbet Eye Creme and repurchased it, but it really wasn't doing anything for my eyes besides feeling cool and moisturizing slightly.  As soon as the colder weather hit, it almost seemed drying, in fact.  I tried a few other eye creams since then, and the best results I got from any were a very temporary reduction in fine lines around my eyes (29 here, starting to see those!).  Most times the fine lines reappeared within a few hours, and of course were completely present if I didn't happen to apply those creams that day.

What was the problem? I'm extremely prone to milia (little white pimple-looking spots around the eyes caused by trapped dead skin and oils.  Often these are caused by lotions/eye creams that are too rich for the eye area they've been applied to). 
So, all the eye creams I tried were light gels, or geared towards a younger eye with thin/light lotion textures.  Unfortunately, these creams really weren't moisturizing enough for my eye area, but I wanted to stay away from the heavily-scented, super-thick textured eye creams most older ladies use.  I'd rather have a little bit of fine lines than icky-looking milia, thanks!


I got a sample of the Boscia Enlivening Amino AG Eye Treatment earlier this year, gave it a try for a few days and thought it was pretty nice.  It does have a floral scent that is a little strong for my taste but it fades really quickly to nothing.  I didn't see an immediate reduction in my fine lines from the sample packet alone, but since it is vegan I thought I ought to give the full size a shot.  I gave up on the Dr. Hauschka I was using (which is okay, but didn't do anything for my fine lines that didn't wash off) and started using the Boscia eye treatment in early June, and in a matter of a few weeks my lines were gone and were staying away.  To be honest, I doubt this effect is permanent, but it's basically the most I've ever seen an eye treatment do (and I've used loads of different ones over the past couple of years).

I'll admit the Boscia cream does nothing for my dark circles, but I honestly don't believe any eye cream would be able to do anything for dark circles - how could they? It's not darker skin, it's thinner skin.  I don't think anything you put on your skin will make it thicker and with more concentrated melanin (skin pigment).


The gel-cream hybrid texture is really smoothing (almost feels like a silicone primer, but I'm not sure if it has silicones or not), slightly soothing but not overly cooling in that menthol-shock sort of way, thick enough to feel it when you've just put it on (but your skin actually absorbs it), and thin enough to spread around super easily. 


Plus, it comes in a pump!  Much more hygienic than so many eye creams that come in jars.

To sum it up really basically, this is the best eye cream I've ever tried, vegan or not.  The texture is perfect, the level of moisturization is perfect for me (oily skin, but drier eye area), and the results (early fine lines - gone!) last longer than a few days.  I love it and I have to restrain myself from buying more backups than I can use before it expires XD

<3 Sarah S.

14 comments:

  1. This sounds fabulous! I wonder if it's available in the UK.

    So glad to see you blogging again! <3

    Nazia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry, I'm not sure if Boscia is sold in the UK or not :(

      Delete
  2. I've been using theBalm Cranberry Invigorating Eye Cream and love it. I never knew eye creams would do anything for me, I just wanted to prevent (okay, slow down) aging. But theBalm tightened skin that I never new was loose. I haven't used it for two days now and my upper eyelid looks droopy. I hate that it's in a jar though and I think it got contaminated or old so I might need to look for something more hygienic. Your review is fantastic and I'm going to look into this one some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh... does it smell of cranberries? As for this Boscia treatment, I only use it under my eyes and on my orbital bones, and some reviewers on Sephora.com said it irritated their eyelids. I think some people are allergic to one of the plant extracts in it, so I'd recommend getting a sample first! I've never had any irritation from this one.
      As far as jar eye creams go, I tend to dip in a q-tip, do you? That definitely helps :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I've been looking for a new eye cream (and I've always had this weird crease underneath both eyes). I'll have to look into this when I finish the new eye cream I just bought, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, let me know how your current eye cream does as well :) I'd love to find an eye cream that can actually do something to darkness around the eyes, if it's really possible :)

      Delete
  4. This looks like a great eye cream! I really like the Dr. Hauschka one you sent, it feels nice & creamy, but like you said, it doesn't really seem to be doing anything, lol. Plus, I don't know if I'm the only one who notices this, but sometimes when I use the Dr. Hauschka, I notice my whole eye area is greenish (?) & then it fades in a few hours. Lol, kinda weird, but I don't really care since it goes away ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, that is funny... I never had a reaction to the Dr. Hauschka making my skin greenish :-/ you might not want to use it b/c it could be an allergy. Sorry about that!

      Delete
  5. I have been trying out different eye creams... so far I don't have any luck... maybe I need to give this one a try?

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOscia sounds amazing - I would like to give it a try one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not very familiar with this brand but I'm glad you have found your HG eye cream! I have tried a lot of them but I'm not even sure what I'm looking for because I get eczema around my eyes, and milia, like you! How annoying is this damn stupid thing?! It's just so hard for me to put my finger on the exact cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try this! =D

    http://www.sephora.com/dark-circles-away-collagen-eye-serum-P289000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting... I usually assume things with "collagen" aren't vegan, but I could be mistaken.

      Delete
  9. I do hope that this product does not contain silica. I just don't like skin care products that contains stuff like that. ~ acne scars removal

    ReplyDelete

I love comments <3